Band is for anyone who plays a Woodwind, Brass or Percussion instrument. The MacKillop Concert Band is our premiere band working on performance items for College events, eisteddfod and community events. The Big Band is an auditioned extension group looking into the genre of Jazz and Worship music:
Big Band (Auditioned)
String Ensemble is for all Violin, Viola, Cello and Double Bass students. This ensemble will be featured in liturgies and other College functions:
MacKillop offers 3 choirs covering all grades. These choirs are regular performers during College liturgies and external performances such as the Eisteddfod:
Mini Mac (Prep – Yr2)
Little Mac (Yr 3-6)
Big Mac (Yr 7-9)
MacKillop runs two Cheer Squads covering a wide range of abilities. These squads will compete in All Star Cheer competitions as well as College functions:
MCC Cheer (Yr 4-9)
MCC Cheer Extreme (Auditioned)
MUSIC THEORY MORNING
For students wishing to expand their music theory knowledge and participate in accredited AMEB exams:(acknowledged in ATAR)
Music Theory (Yr 4-9)
The first College Musical!
For students wanting to bring acting, dancing and singing to life on the stage!
Coming to the stage in August:
Musical (Yr 4-9 auditioned)
Our new Dance Troupe for students interested in dancing in a mixture of styles including lyrical and jazz:
Dance Troupe (Yr 4-9 auditioned)
- All rehearsals and performances are compulsory!
- Each member is required to attend each weekly rehearsal on time and with the correct equipment.
- Rehearsal times are set, please see rehearsal schedule at the bottom of this webpage.
- If students are unable to attend a rehearsal they must email the Leader of Performing Arts (firstname.lastname@example.org) detailing the reasons why they are unable to attend.
- Please be aware that there is a process of contact and consequences if your child fails to attend rehearsals without informing the Leader of Performing Arts:
- 1st Instance – Email
- 2nd Instance – Email
- 3rd Instance – Phone Call
- 4th Instance – Letter of removal
- Practice: It is essential that both the student and parents understand that a commitment is being made and DAILY PRACTICE is expected!
Media Consent: All members of the Extra-Curricular groups will be photographed and videoed for promotional and marketing purposes to be shared internally and externally i.e. on the College Facebook page. Media consent is specifically required to enter certain competitions and is therefore mandatory. If you have any issues with this please contact the Leader of Performing Arts (email@example.com) to discuss further.
Band, Strings and Choir Uniforms:
- Formal school uniform (including ties for boys)
- Neat and tidy hair (school ribbons for girls)
- Polished shoes
- School badges (as applicable)
*Please note specific uniforms/costumes may be required for performances which will be outlined in the event information as required*
- Trainings: MacKillop Sports Uniform shirt, black/navy bike pants or leggings, sports shoes.
- School provided full cheer uniform including top, skirt and bow and shoes.
- Students will also be required to meet specific hair and make up requirements (which will be detailed in event info).
Costs: All Extra-curricular groups are free to join, except Cheerleading.
Cheerleading Costs: ($75 per term) to be charged to school fees:
- This includes: Insurance costs, Competition fees, Competition Uniform and Shoe Hire, Cheer Bow.